Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Hello Spring

I made a liar out of myself on the last post. I said I was back...that was 2 months ago. Hmm, I really should get better at this someday. Anyway, baby update is neccesary. Ethan James Mellema was born on March 12th. He is adorable and is growing so fast. Kolby Matthew Knill was born on April 15th. His older siblings adore him. This month I await the news of the arrival of baby Jett Holman. My cousin Kari is ready to meet this little bundle due on Memorial day. And then comes baby Saige Thomasma to round out the summer. What a fun time it has been and will continue to be with the newest additions to our families.

I was driving home from work yesterday and it FINALLY felt like spring. The grass is green and the trees are starting to bloom. The smell of fresh cut grass lingering in through my window (which, thanks to the beautiful weather was in the down position)made me happy. I love this time of year. Everything is new and fresh. This is our first summer in the house and the kids are out in full force. Also out in full force is the ice cream man who insists on driving by right after I have had my dinner. I find it very coincidental that he come around right as I am craving my after dinner sweets. It's like he knows me. I think he stalks our house. He sees that adorable puppy sitting in the door and drives by extra slow. I want to yell out "Keep it moving sir, there aren't any children in this house"! Oh well, so far I have managed self control. Or could it be that we dont keep cash in the house? Either way, no ice cream truck visit for me. Last week we made a huge purchase and bought me a bike. Mark bought a really nice one when we graduated high school. I have not had a new bike since I was about 12. So it was time. Unfortunately we live in a wind tunnel and have not been able to ride all week. I am out of shape and have not been on a bike in years. The last thing I need is mother nature going against me. I am really looking forward to getting out in the sunny afternoons after work and riding our bikes. Mark thinks we can build something to carry Dutch in so that he can participate. Obviously we live with different dogs. The Dutch I know would have to be belted down. Mark disagrees. Anyway, I will definitely post pictures if the opportunity arises. In the meantime, I will leave you with that visual.

No comments:

Post a Comment